WHATSAPP is working on some big changes to the app – including letting you "silently" leave group chats.
App sleuths have uncovered major updates that could arrive very soon.
WhatsApp is regularly updated with new features, but these changes require testing first.
This is done in the WhatsApp "beta" – a trial version of the app open to fans to test updates.
App investigators at WABetaInfo then mine the WhatsApp beta to reveal what's coming up for users.
And they've found eight new changes "under development" at WhatsApp.
Read more on WhatsApp
I’m a WhatsApp investigator – I’ve found HIDDEN hack Netflix fans need to know
WhatsApp’s 2billion users warned of new horror scam – and it could cost you
Here's what WABetaInfo says is coming up:
- A redesigned "caption view" for photos
- New details about how businesses can be banned for breaking WhatsApp rules
- Letting you choose to keep some messages that were set to auto-vanish
- Better displays to see who has reacted to photo albums
- A WhatsApp app for iPad
- Letting you "silently" exit groups without notifying everyone (except for admins)
- A new sticker pack for Stranger Things
- A bug fix that rectifies an issue with notifications on WhatsApp Desktop
The bad news is that it's impossible to say when some of these features will land.
Most read in News Tech
SUCK IT UP
Inside Dyson's metaverse vision – with VIRTUAL hair dryers and VR shopping trips
SUCK IT UP
Red Planet explorers 'could create new hybrid MARTIAN super-species'
Google warns 3BILLION Chrome users to edit their app now in major alert
Every iPhone has a SECRET 'button click' trick – have you found it?
Changes can take days, weeks or even months to roll out to the general public.
If you want to try the latest WhatsApp features first, follow our guide on how to join the beta below.
How to get WhatsApp beta
To download WhatsApp beta for your smartphone you need to go to Google Play on your Android and search for WhatsApp.
Scroll down the page until you see "Become a Beta Tester".
Tap the "I'm In" button and then click "Join" to confirm.
Now all you have to do is wait for the update to the beta version of the app.
Read More on The Sun
I’m a family coach – trick to great relationships with kids is a simple word
I spent £12k changing my face – I’ve cut my nose off & added HORNS
Joining the WhatsApp beta on iPhone is more difficult, and has limited capacity.
Follow Apple’s guide here.
- Read all the latest Phones & Gadgets news
- Keep up-to-date on Apple stories
- Get the latest on Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram
Best Phone and Gadget tips and hacks
Looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find those secret features within social media apps? We have you covered…
- How to delete your Instagram account
- What does pending mean on Snapchat?
- How to check if you've been blocked on WhatsApp
- How to drop a pin on Google Maps
- How can I change my Facebook password?
- How to go live on TikTok
- How to clear the cache on an iPhone
- What is NFT art?
- What is OnlyFans?
- What does Meta mean?
Get all the latest WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook and other tech gadget stories here.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article