- You can easily switch profiles on Hulu while watching on your smart TV, mobile device, or computer.
- Hulu profiles let you customize your viewing experience by remembering your watch history, suggesting new programs, and letting you pick up shows where you left off.
- You can have up to six separate profiles on one Hulu account, and switch between them at any time.
- This story is a part of Business Insider's Guide to Hulu Tips and Tricks.
Does your significant other love police procedurals and shows about cupcake bakeries, while you prefer sitcoms, rom coms, and horror movies?
Then it sounds like you two have very different taste in programming, and rather odd taste at that. But that's OK, with your very own Hulu profile you can carve out your own customized viewing experience.
Your Hulu profile gives you quick access to shows or movies in progress, episodes of your favorite series, and helps you find new material you just might love.
If you opened Hulu up only to find a cop show or baking program staring at you, then you'll need to switch profiles to get back to the lighthearted comedies and terrifying films you love.
Here's how to switch Hulu profiles on your phone, computer, and TV.
How to switch profiles on Hulu using your computer
1. Log into your Hulu account on your Mac or PC.
2. Hover your cursor over your profile in the top-right corner of the screen.
3. Click on the profile you wish to switch in the dropdown menu.
How to switch profiles on Hulu using your mobile device
1. To switch Hulu profiles on your iPhone or Android, tap the account icon in the bottom-right of your screen in the app.