- You can join Nextdoor by creating an account on its website or app with your email or by linking a Facebook, Apple, or Google account.
- Nextdoor is a social media site that connects you with your neighborhood.
- To add a second home to Nextdoor, you'll need a new account with a unique email.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, then the Nextdoor social media app should be very flattered by Facebook's "Neighborhoods."
Nextdoor, like Neighborhoods, aims to build a hyperlocal community — your immediate neighborhood.
The app can help neighbors discover local businesses, buy and sell services and goods, find babysitters, and, of course, catch up on all the local gossip.
To see what Nextdoor is all about and start posting, you can easily create an account.
All you need to become a verified member is your mobile number or a mailed invite postcard from Nextdoor.
You can also create a Nextdoor account through the mobile app or the Nextdoor website.
Just note that you can't add a second home to your Nextdoor account — you'll have to create another account with a unique email address to use Nextdoor for a second dwelling.
How to join Nextdoor using the Nextdoor mobile app
1. Download the Nextdoor app in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
2. Tap "Join your neighborhood" upon opening the Nextdoor app.
3. On the next page, enter your home's address and tap "Continue."