Big Tech hearing ‘positioned to make noise’ before the election: Michael Pachter
Wedbush Securities Managing Director Michael Pachter and Global X Funds SVP Jay Jacobs weigh in on the Big Tech hearing.
Marvell Technology Group has agreed to buy Inphi Corp. for about $10 billion in cash and stock, making for the second mega chip deal this week.
Continue Reading Below
The chipmaker plans to reorganize the combined company and domicile in the U.S., creating a $40 billion semiconductor powerhouse.
|MRVL||MARVELL TECHNOLOGY GROUP LTD.||39.53||-1.94||-4.68%|
“Our acquisition of Inphi will fuel Marvell's leadership in the cloud and extend our 5G position over the next decade," Marvell CEO Matt Murphy said in a statement.
Under the terms of the agreement, Inphi shareholders will receive $66 cash and 2.323 Marvell shares for each Inphi share they own. The deal represents an approximate 74% premium to the $5.76 billion market cap Inphi closed with on Wednesday.
Marvell shareholders will own 83% of the combined company while Inphi shareholders will control the remaining 17%.
AMD TO BUY XILINX IN $35B TECH MEGA-DEAL
The transaction is expected to create $125 million in synergies that will be realized within 18 months of closing. Marvell forecasts the deal will be accretive to non-GAAP earnings within the first year.
Thursday's announcement comes two days after Advanced Micro Devices announced its intent to purchase Xilinx Inc. in a $35 billion all-stock deal.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ON FOX BUSINESS
Other big chip deals this year include Nividia Corp.’s $40-billion deal for Softbank's Arm Holdings and the $20.9-billion deal Analog Devices Inc. reached to buy Maxim Integrated Products Inc.
Source: Read Full Article