- Insider Intelligence publishes hundreds of insights, charts, and forecasts on the Digital Health industry with the Digital Health Briefing. For a limited time, you can try the Briefing for a full week for just $1!
- The following is a preview of one Digital Health report, the Digital Health Startups to Watch Report. You can purchase this report here.
The US healthcare industry is undergoing significant disruption as the coronavirus pandemic catalyzed the need for improved healthcare delivery—and digital health startups are at the helm of this transformation.
As the vanguards of the digital transformation of healthcare, investors are taking notice of digital health startups' potential—and committing record funds to them. Globally, healthcare funding to private firms reached $18.09 billion in Q2 2020, according to CB Insights—establishing a new quarterly record, with equity investments growing 6.3% quarter-over-quarter (QoQ) from 1,197 deals in Q1 2020 to 1,272 deals in Q2 2020.
In this report, Insider Intelligence examines the top five US digital health startups in AI, telehealth, and medical devices—the areas of digital health with the most number of deals in the first half of 2020.We first explore the AI in healthcare market and the US startups leveraging AI to transform this space. Next, we detail the explosive expansion of the US telehealth market amid the coronavirus pandemic, and look at the startups working to address consumers' growing virtual care needs.
Finally, we explore the burgeoning medical device space and examine the US startups disrupting this market via their health tech. Startups in this report were selected based on their total disclosed funding at the time of writing, notable investors, the products and solutions they offer, and leadership in their functional market area.
The companies mentioned in this report are: 98point6, Abbott, Aetion, Anthem, Bigfoot Biomedical, Biofourmis, Bright.md, Chugai, Cigna, Element Science, Firefly Health, Gaido Health, Genesis Health, Happify Health, K Health, Komodo Health, Mindstrong, Modern Fertility, Oak Street Health, Onera Health, Premera Blue Cross, Vicarious Surgical, and Virta Health.
Here are some key takeaways from this report:
- Digital health startups are transforming the US healthcare system amid the growing demand for improved healthcare delivery catalyzed by the coronavirus pandemic.
- The AI, telehealth, and medical device spaces are the three areas of healthcare where technology is causing the biggest disruptions. These spaces represent the digital health market areas that scored the most number of deals in the first half of 2020.
- AI's ability to rapidly sift through vast sums of data, facilitate remote patient monitoring, and power digital therapeutics highlights the transformative power of the tech in healthcare—and it's attracting substantial investor attention.
- Telehealth usage—and investments—have surged amid the coronavirus pandemic, underscoring how virtual care solutions are already making a sizable impact on the US healthcare delivery landscape.
- The medical device market, with tech ranging from remote monitoring devices to robotics-based surgical tools, is experiencing record-breaking investment activity.
In full, the report:
- Highlights how the coronavirus pandemic has accelerated growing demand for improved healthcare delivery, and the steps digital health startups are taking to transform the US healthcare system.
- Provides an overview of the three areas of healthcare where technology is causing the biggest disruptions—AI, telehealth, and medical devices—and the factors making these markets particularly ripe for transformation.
- Identifies the top 5 US startups to watch in the AI, telehealth, and medical device market areas.
- Shares forward-looking insights on what's next for each of the featured startups.
Interested in getting the full report? Here's how you can gain access:
- Join other Insider Intelligence clients who receive this report, along with thousands of other Digital Health forecasts, briefings, charts, and research reports to their inboxes. >> Become a Client
- Purchase the individual report from our store. >> Buy The Report Here
Are you a current Insider Intelligence client? Log in and read the report here.
Senior Care & Assisted Living Market
Medical Devices & Wearable Tech
AI in Healthcare
Remote Patient Monitoring
Source: Read Full Article