Drew Angerer/Getty Images
Welcome to 10 Things Before the Opening Bell. Sign up here to get this email in your inbox every morning.
Sign up for Insider Investing for your weekly markets analysis.
Here’s what you need to know before US markets open.
1. US futures near a record high as investors anticipate US inflation data. See what markets are doing.
2. The UK economy grew by 0.4% in February. The vaccine roll out and easing of lockdown restrictions are expected to accelerate the recovery in 2021.
3. GameStop shares could drop by 94%. Strong competition from rivals like Microsoft and Sony could cause the plunge, Ascendiant Capital analyst Edward Woo said.
4. Bitcoin prices reached an all time high. The cryptocurrency rose to over $62,000, breaking last month’s record.
5. US retail stock traders are 33% less active compared to March. Goldman Sachs said this might be due to the reopening of the economy.
6. The company whose ship blocked the Suez Canal has seen a 28% stock price surge since. Freight tanker stocks are linked heavily to shipping rates, which were impacted by the blockage.
7. Earnings expected. JD Sports Fashion is one to look out for.
8. Coming up on the economic calendar. US consumer price inflation data takes center-stage. A 30-year bond auction and the monthly Redbook index are due as well.
9. Wedbush highlights 5 crypto-linked stocks to buy now. The firm also discusses an altcoin that could double its valuation in the next 12 to 18 months.
10. Bank of America is on the hunt for real estate stocks with cast-iron balance sheets and strong pricing power. The firm recommends buying these 7 that look poised to soar even as rates rise.
Source: Read Full Article